Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ginger-Jean-Brooks.....

Today I shot an epic beauty story, inspired by the 1930's classic movie starlets: Ginger Rogers, Jean Harlow, and Louise Brooks. It was quite enjoyable and we had a fab team. The story was shot by a skilled photographer friend, Al Thompson. I've shot with him before, and I tell you, I always have a good laugh on set. He's quite the joker yet a mellow type of guy. The hairstylist, Christophe Kontos (one of Jamal's assistants), gave us some great styles, it was my first time working with him and I was happy. Aldys did the make-up, and I was very amused by the whole "erasing the eyebrows" technique.....the makeup was lustrous I say....High Five!!

Our alluring model was Olga Blik from Major Model Management. She definitely had the look to pull it off.....She was not expecting the works, nevertheless, she gave us her best.

I thoroughly enjoyed styling this story.....I had furs, head pieces, and vintage jewelry to play around with....How much fun could that be?? Check out the on set movie strip!

No comments:

Post a Comment