Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day.


I wanted to wish all the Mother's out there including my wonderful mum a "Happy Mother's Day". In my culture (the Islamic custom) Mother's Day is celebrated on March 21st. However, since I'm living in the West, with an Eastern heritage, I celebrate it twice a year...what a treat for all Mothers globally!

My Mother, Jamila, has been such a big part of my life, and I have so many beautiful memories of her. She has been the truest friend I ever had and the angel on my side at all times. I love her dearly (and unconditionally!!) and leave you all with a quote that really best describes my thoughts:


"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother" Abraham Lincoln.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely tribute and I love that you get to celebrate twice a year.

    ReplyDelete