Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fashion Cares....SEVEN.






Last week I went to this amazing play called "SEVEN", which was held @ NYU Skirball Center For The Performing Arts. What can I say.......I was touched by the marvelous performance. It was about seven incredibly strong women in the world who have faced serious oppression and have emerged as leaders. My outlook: every woman is strong in one way or the other, regardless of her past, present or future....so don't let any man take that confidence away from you! Also, I'm definitely proud to be a woman.
They had so much support, including Diane Von Furstenberg- aghhh, that woman-she is the epitome of all elegance and beauty. I've always looked up to her. Through fashion, she has become what she is today, always giving back to humanitarian causes. I never forget the one time she interviewed me for a possible job @ her company several years ago-by the end of the interview she told me that I was beautiful-Thank you Diane....I will always cherish that wherever I go in life.
-"I never knew what I wanted to become in life......but I always knew what type of woman I wanted to be........Through Fashion, I was able to become that Woman"-Diane Von Furstenberg.

1 comment: