Saturday, September 12, 2009

Angular Muliebrity--Edition by Georges Chakra...

Need I say more.....This gentleman ( yes, because he really is one) just knows true womanhood, his RTW collection was just spectacular and genuinely elegant. He played around with angles and shapes, and was not afraid to use colors and jewels, and in the most unexpected way.

Once again, I attended the show with my fabulous girl Allia.....managed to score another front row seat;) I just love the luck this season...LOL! The show was a full house, with celebrities from Jill Zarin, Alex McCord, and Simon Van Kempen of the Real Houswives of New York as well as Miss Jay Alexander of America's Next Top Model. I really enjoyed this show, one of my favorites. He had magnificently tall models who were literally gliding in front of us in fuscia's, lime greens, blacks, silvers, and yellows. The gowns just moved freely and beautifully....the girls wore them well.

After the show we made it backstage so we could say hello to Mr. Chakra and congratulate him, he was a lovely man. I also had to meet with his PR rep, Zeina, who had sent me a thoughtful email several months ago thanking me for getting one of Georges' pieces on actress Kelly Carlson for the cover of ROUGE Magazine. She was very nice and thanked us all for the support, also mentioned that if I ever made it to Paris during Haute Couture Week, that I would have an invite waiting.....I know for a fact that I will take her up on that soon ;)

Well done to my fellow Middle Eastern designer....I give you plaudits!

No comments:

Post a Comment