Sunday, July 19, 2009

The shoot--Last Day!

We woke up super early, 5am and got ready. Our model got there a little after 6am and we set to work. What was missing was some light, so we waited for our sunrise, which was a little after 7am.

The first 3 looks were shot in South Beach right next to our hotel. Bright color bathing suits with some chunky jewelry. The concept was to portray a sexy, alluring, and saturated swimwear shot by the water. The waves were harsh in the morning and I could see how they were pushing away at Julia, Anetta, and Amanda.....yet they were still able to pull it off.

The remaining looks were shot @ Key Biscayne where we were able to achieve more of a glamorous and exciting story by the rocks, the bricks, the dunes, and the challenging palm tree. For this shoot, I pulled from Caffe, Jantzen, Pono, Ports 1961, Oliver Peoples and many more. We achieved what we wanted, a warm, tropic and spicy story......and its something I can't wait to share with you all!

Anyway, we were done by 11am, and we headed back to our hotel but made a quick stop at "La Sandwicherie" where we enjoyed some great sandwiches and smoothies. We headed back to the hotel just in time to pack, while Julia and Anetta enjoyed their last moments by the beach.

After checking out, I met with my Englishman friend for a late lunch at The Raleigh Hotel. It was great, I had a wonderful time. I must admit, I really love this hotel, there is this beautiful British East India feel of energy that exists there. The hotel has a beautiful garden where the restaurant is, a lobby with iconic photographs on the wall and a dreamy like poolside. I was very inspired and it was definitely the right way to spend my last few moments in Miami.....

No comments:

Post a Comment