Thursday, July 16, 2009

Arrival @ South Beach & Day 1

Arrived at Miami late last night along with Julia and Anetta. We checked into our hotel, and what a convenient location....right in the heart of South Beach on 18th street and Collins Avenue. We were next to the tents where all the fashion week shows were being held. Also, a walking distance to the beach, the Delano, and the Raleigh...what a treat! We grabbed some tapas at this Argentinian spot called Maya, where an unexpected entertainment awaited by a homeless old man! We then headed back to our room and crashed.



I got up early this morning and headed to the beach with the girls. It was quite refreshing and extremely hot, but overall enjoyable. We then met up with one of Anetta's friends for brunch. Of course I suggested one of my favorite places that I hit the last time I was here, a french bistro called "A la folie"....thanks to my girl Rabah who took me there the last time I was here. We all had an awesome meal and headed back the hotel.


Today is also the first day of the runway shows. Anetta is working backstage with the makeup team throughout most of the shows. I got invitations to the Caffe swimwear show and we made our way there. While hanging out by the pool area right before the show started, I saw Dina Manzo from the Real Housewives of New Jersey with a group of her friends, she was the celebrity guest for the show. And coincidentally, I also ran into this Englishman I had met last year and we recognized each other....small world I guess. Julia and I had second row seats at the show. The Caffe swimwear line was colorful, flirty, with sexy silhouettes. It was fresh and eyecatching for sure. Models were tanned all the way. After the shows, we had dinner at Gloria Estefan's famous Cuban restaurant, Larios. The rest of the night turned into after party hopping from the Gansevoort Hotel to other South Beach "It" spots.


More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment