Monday, May 25, 2009

Vintage Bike shop Project.

I styled a shoot this past Sunday (Memorial Day Weekend) at a Vintage Bike Shop in Red Hook, Brooklyn. It was awesome beyond words. It was shot both for video and editorial. There was a big team, Isak Tiner shot the story, hair was created my buddy Jamal Hodges, and make-up by another good friend, Jenni Kline. We had some fabulous models: Kate from Red Model Management, a platinum blonde Australian beauty. We had 2 amazing male models as well, a Brazilian young man also from Red Model Management by the name of Vinucius Costa, and another hot beau from Fusion Model Management, Ryan Greeley.

The concept was to create a dark, futuristic glam feel inspired by movies like 2046, Blade Runner, and Mad Max. We had such great props like Vintage motorbikes (Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW), smoke machines, fabrication machinery, and tools. I pulled from Giorgio Armani, PORTS 1961, Helen Yarmak, Haleh, John Fluevog, Ganache Couture, and many more.

It was a big production made up of a great team of talented people and their assistants. Isak had 4 diligent assistants,: Jupiter, Al Thompson (another photographer and friend whom I've shot with), Evan, and Paul. Shawna (Isak's wife) was just terrific, she took care of all of us, helping out and feeding the crew! I too had my top assistants, Rana and Allia, 2 of my trusted and wonderful friends. Honestly, I don't think I would have survived 12 hours of shooting without them......talk about organizing 12 major pulls from different showrooms, setting up in a gallery, helping dress the models, and all in a super hot and muggy day!! So I thank them highly for an amazing and fabulous job done! Thank you my dears:))

I think we achieved something major here. It was hard enough to make this all happen without so much thought put into it, however, the crew was excellent, the energy was unbelieveable, we had great laughs and intense moments, and I'm sure that the outcome will be exceptional!
Laters.....

1 comment: