Thursday, April 30, 2009

Interview with Elem Magazine....

I had a really good interview with ELEM Magazine ( short for Eritrean Lifestyle and Entertainment Magazine) today. This is a publication that is based in Europe and aims to relate Eritrea (and Eritrean)'s lifestyle, culture, arts, history, fashion, music, film and literature. I was interviewed by Mahta Tewolde, a lovely and agile young lady who writes for them.

The interview was more personal....in the sense that the questions revolved around my entire life as a whole. Mahta approached me about a month ago asking me if I would be interested in being featured in the magazine as someone who would be a positive role model and an inspiration to their young readers. Of course I jumped up to the opportunity....I mean being Eritrean and seeing what my people are doing out there with ELEM--"To promote a bright future within our communities by highlighting the success of Eritreans in various fields. We believe that by featuring positive Eritrean role models, we can encourage young people to aim high and realize their potential"--Mahta Tewolde, ELEM.

She called me this morning, and we spoke for about an hour, covering everything and anything, from my childhood upbringing to how I got to NYC....it felt like I've known her for a while. Overall, it turned out to be quite a pleasant conversation.

I am looking forward to seeing the outcome in issue 14 ( should be around October/November time)....More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment