Thursday, March 5, 2009

Off to Beverly Hills....



I've been quite busy the past 2 weeks.....or actually since my last entry. I got a big gig to style a cover story for "Rouge" magazine with a celebrity actress (whom I won't disclose at the moment.....Hint: she's from the TV show "Nip & Tuck") shot by one of my favorite photgraphers, Julia Pogodina (thanks to her loyalty and hard work, I got the gig!!!).
I've been making calls to different showrooms, sending off emails and trying to get access to pulling out some great pieces for the shoot. Since we are working on a very limited budget, I have to take everything with me as excess luggage....super crazy and big responsibility......thank goodness for insurance;) Some of the designers I'm working with are: Prada, Ports 1961, Kati Stern for Venexiana, Custo Barcelona, Naeem Khan, Luca Luca, and so many others. I'm very excited to be styling this shoot, its a big deal, and I'm very proud to say, this is my third cover story for this magazine......The last two were with celebrity actress/model Holly Weston, and a new big model, Helena from MC2 ( she is now with Next models).
I feel very happy that I managed to get through the designers' gatekeepers (PR reps) , and have been able to develop good relationships with them and many others along the way. It's all about maintaining them from now on and making sure that everything I have pulled is returned to them in perfect condition.....along with a nice touch....THANK YOU!!
My next entry will probably be when I get back, I'll fill you in with who the actress is, and how the whole experience was....A bientot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment