Monday, February 23, 2009

FINALLY!!!!


So some of my friends have been bugging me to start a blog for the past few/several months. They all had a point: here I am, a Stylist, living in New York City, going through the roller coaster of trying to get my work recognized....How do I start my day? How do I get my gigs? How do I deal with pressure? What inspires me? Who are the most influential people in my life? Too many questions that needed answers to be shared with many curious people out there.
What took me so long?? I was going through the motions of finding the perfect name, something that would really give me that push to share my thoughts....Spoke to many friends, got opinions, tried brainstorming....it just wasn't happening. To tell you the truth, I was about to consider giving up on the whole idea, until last week (which was NYC Fashion Week-Fall/Winter 09), I went to the Alexandre Herchcovitch show (which was totally brilliant, and I will definitely do a posting on plus other shows too) with a remarkable blogger friend of mine, Fashiona. Anyway, on our way back home, we took the same subway train where I was talking to her about my dilemma-just can't find a name!!! So we started throwing out ideas at one another.....I told her the name of my website, and she added "FILES" to replace "STYLE".....I just jumped to the idea, "The DMD Files".....How perfect and SO ME, I just kept telling myself over and over with all the excitement. Thank you Fashiona:)
And now, I just can't wait to see/hear/read the reactions of all my friends once I forward it to all of them. Here is the start of a very important day.....MY BLOG:)

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog. I can totally relate to the decision of creating a blog. It didn't know what I wanted to name mine, but it all came together in the end.

    You have very nice work, and I have been an assistant stylist several times in my life, and it is HARD WORK. Now I am doing my own thing, with a twist. Good luck with the blog.

    http://theartistresolution.wordpress.com/

    I will be checking on your blog look forward to reading updates. Oh yeah, "Files" was a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kat for your support, I'll be following your blog too:)

    ReplyDelete